Party of Five

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Faith

Today was a good day. A very good day. I love days that I look back on and just laugh. Most days are like this but some days, I rather not look back on at all.
We played hide and seek this morning. Faith runs to hide while I count. She told me to count to 11 though because she wanted more time. And then she told me not to look in her closet when I tried to find her.

After Ashley nap, we took her to get her first pair of shoes. It as quite the adventure. Faith and Caleb love this baby so much and really don't give her the space so desires. It was hard for her to walk around the store with them hovering on her examining her new shoes. And the fact that she hated them made the experience all that more funny. She's warmed up to them a bit more now. But she did act like a cat with tape on its paws at first. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you really should find a cat and a roll of tape. Funniest thing ever. And I'll attempt to video Ashley doing it just in case you don't have a cat handy.

This afternoon we went to see a movie. "Arthur Christmas".  Very cute movie, by the way. I decided it would be fun to take Faith, Braden and Nathan along too. (her BFF's from playgroup) We were missing one but Taylor had already seen the movie. So off we went.
On the way there, the conversation went like this:

Braden: "I'm going to sit next to Faith in the movie"
Nathan: "I want to sit next to Braden"
Faith: "I'm going to sit next to Braden:
Braden:"I'm going to sit by Faith"
Faith: "I want to sit by Braden"

Nathan starts to panic.

Nathan: "I want to sit by Nathan"

All the 4 year olds cracked up.

Then Faith says "I'm an ice princess."

Caleb looks at me and says "Random thoughts by Faith."


Once we were in the movie, the 4 year olds did great! They sat nicely in their seats and arranged their snack packs on their laps. Nathan suddenly realized that these theater chairs posed a serious threat and could possibly swallow him whole. So..... he sat on my lap during the movie. It was so incredibly hard not to laugh but he was so serious about this fear that I couldn't laugh at him. I love 4 year olds! Such a fun age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment