Party of Five

Friday, February 24, 2012

Things that make me laugh

It's been a rough couple of months here. It's so hard having so much happening that you can't control and are too far away from to even help if you could. Hard is kind of an understatement, actually. Infuriating, frustrating, overwhelming, sad and terrifying are other words I could use to express our feelings.

Luckily, we have these kids to keep us busy and grounded. And make us laugh. Here are a few things that has made us laugh just this week.

My favorite was the other night when I made baked Ziti. Faith saw it and says, "Ewww. Do I have to eat that?" I replied with a stern yes and she paused before saying "If you make me chicken nuggets, I will bow down to you and call you Princess."
As tempting as this offer was, I declined. When I repeated this story to Jamie later, she said that since I didn't let her eat nuggets, I was now the Evil Queen. At least I was upgraded to Queen. 

Then there was the incident on Monday evening when Faith told me her penis hurt. I explained that she does not have a penis but she has a vagina. It wasn't until later, when I told her she was stinky and needed a bath that she told me that this is the reason she doesn't like vaginas... they are stinky.

Okay. So turns out those are the only two I can think of for this week. But they sure made us laugh. And we needed to laugh!
Laughter is the best medicine, right?

Here are some other things that make me smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment