Party of Five

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ashley is 18 months

I have no idea how that happened. Seriously. Just yesterday I found out that we were going to have a third baby and was completely dumbfounded and deliriously happy.
Now she is a walking, talking, singing, climbing, jumping, running happy little baby girl.

We had her 18 month appointment today and she is such a healthy one. By healthy, of course, I mean huge. She weighed in at 28 lbs 4 ounces and 33 1/4" tall. Well, I guess she isn't as huge as she once was. She is on the charts which is not at all what I'm accustomed to with her big bro and sis.

The nurse gave her one shot today. I gave Ashley a big bear hug while the nurse sneaked in and gave her the shot very quickly. Ash let out an enormous scream and then said "OH NO! Boo boo" and then the nurse covered the area with a band-aid and Ash said "Thank you."
It was so sad and so sweet. Of course I got teary like I always do when my kiddos are given shots. But she sure made me laugh. She makes us all laugh!

She has a nasty summer cold and has been sneezing, coughing and dealing with watery eyes all day. Poor baby. She sneezed earlier this afternoon and ran to the laundry room. I followed her but she was coming out by the time I got there. Later, she did this again. It was then that I realized she was wiping her snotty nose on the dirty clothes in the laundry room. Genius.

Happy 18th months, Ashley Marie. We love you,  you smart little girl. But you'll always be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment