Party of Five

Monday, March 25, 2013

Super fun week that we never wanted to end

So the Keelers made the trek from Kansas City to Enterprise. We were so excited to see them!! It was so fun having friends here 24/7 for a whole week.
We showed them the town and after that 5 minutes were up, we went to the Ft Rucker Aviation museum, to Zaxbys, Milky Moos, a mexican buffet, a great local park with ton of fun stuff, a park by the lake and, of course, the beach. Whew. It was a fun week.

We saw a lot of this.....
and this...

 and even this...
But Evan wouldn't let me take him for a ride on the tractor. Only sat on it with the engine off. Next time I'll have him driving the tractor!

It was fun to show the Keelers our new world and fun having them make some new memories here with us. Now we will always look at this tractor and remember Evan sitting on it. Or the chickens that Heather LOVED. (sort of)
But we will definitely remember this...

 And this...
And of course, this...




The goodbye part was hard. I tried to pretend it wasn't happening up until the very last minute. And then all of those feelings came rushing to the surface. The same ones I pushed down when we left KC back in December.
Then I realized... I don't miss KC. I loved living there but it wasn't the city that I loved. It was the people.

Some amazing friends gave me a really neat picture with the most perfect saying on it before we left. It says:
HOME ISN'T A HOUSE
OR A SINGLE TOWN ON A MAP.
IT IS WHEREVER THE PEOPLE
WHO LOVE YOU ARE.
NOT A PLACE, BUT A MOMENT
AND THEN ANOTHER, BUILDING 
ON EACH OTHER LIKE BRICKS
TO CREATE A SOLID SHELTER
THAT YOU TAKE WITH YOU 
FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE,
WHEREVER YOU MAY GO.


My house is now in Enterprise. But my home is in several places. And my solid shelter is pretty darn solid and will be with me forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment