Party of Five

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Fun!

Here we are in the midst of Summer. I was dreading these hot and humid southern months. I remember them all too well.
But its really not been bad! The rain showers are what keep catching me off guard. They call them "splash and dash showers". Whatever they are, they can really ruin outdoor plans quickly!

The weather has been very similar to KC summer except, the evenings are quite different. Almost breezy. I don't get it. Maybe its our location, maybe its luck. Who knows. I'll take it though!

We've been hitting the lake
There is a super cool and fun water trampoline...
And these are great
And of course, the wading is perfect




We've also been hanging at the park with some great new friends
And found a wonderful pool on post



So we've staying busy. And water logged.

We've also made a few really great friends. Lots and lots of girls down here! I thought Faith would be in heaven, and she is, but she has really taken to one little boy in particular. I over heard her telling him "If I call you Braden, just say OK."  She was teaching him Karate and basically molding him into her own little Braden. Funny thing is that his name is Brody. And he showed up to our house wearing cotton shorts and a white tshirt. Faith said "MOM! He even dresses like Braden!"

I'm still working at the church nursery. Best. Job. Ever. I get to play with other peoples kids, get paid, and go home with only my three. And the babies!! Cutest little things ever. So lucky to have found such a nice opportunity.

The other BIG news is that it seems our sweet little Ashley is now done with diapers. Almost as exciting as rejoining the military! NO MORE DIAPERS!! I'm sure that typing this out will result in her having an accident momentarily. But today is day four of big girl panties and NO ACCIDENTS! I'm quite proud of my "fastest diaper changer" title so I'm not sure what my new talent will be with this task out of hand. Perhaps I can take up knitting. Who knows.
I tried to figure out how many diapers I've changed in the past 12 years. The number was too daunting. 12 years of diapers. Geesh.

 The most exciting thing in our lives thus far is the most recent addition of a military man. Well, re-addition. Jamie signed his life back over to the government. This time, on a part time basis. He's joined the Air National Guard. You can take the man out of the military but you can't take the military out of the man. So he might as well just continue to serve.
To say I'm proud of him is quite an understatement. This man is amazing. He is not only following his dreams and doing something he loves, but he is providing for our family. I am so lucky to have this wonderful man as a husband. While the fear of deployment will always be there, that is what I originally signed up for when we married so I'm ok with it. Serving our country and providing for family is his #1 priority.
And did I mention how much I love a man in uniform???


July 11th marked our 15th wedding anniversary.


We've had an amazing journey so far. Many moves, many different companies, many pregnancies and many losses. Three beautiful children, so many smiles, laughs, and wonderful memories. I am so excited to see what the next 15 years has in store. I have a feeling a whole new chapter is starting to unfold. Being diaper free opens up so many doors!!

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment