Party of Five

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm baaacccckkkk!




After taking a much needed break from blogging, and after much harrassment from friends and family, I've decided to start a new blog. For those of you who remember, our previous blog focussed primarily on Faith. For those of you who are new, I'll bring you up to speed on what life is like now... as a family of five.

That's right. Five. We multiplied yet again. January 19, 2011 we welcomed our sweet little Ashley Marie to our family. Ashley is an amazing baby. She is such an answer to so many prayers and a beautiful completion to our family.

Big Brother Caleb turned 10 in April and is preparing for 5th grade this year. I can't even believe my sweet baby boy is starting his last year at elementary school. I feel like it was only yesterday that I sat in the lobby of that school bawling and sending him off for his first day of Kindergarten. Its truly baffling how fast time just slips by.
Caleb is such a busy kid which means I am a busy mom. He is involved in basketball, soccer, baseball and Lacrosse. And luckily, most of them overlap which sends us in two or three different directions some days! It's all fun though. And we love watching him grow in his athletics! On top of these activities, we are extremely proud that he is a Webelos II and will be crossing over to Boy Scouts in February. He loves all the outdoors that comes along with this journey and is lucky enough to have had his dad see him through every step of the way.

Faith was just a smidge over the moon about becoming a big sister. That is so strange to still say. (or type) My baby girl is a big sister. Just crazy! After praying for 5 years and asking for another baby, this little miracle bounced into our lives. She turned 4 this passed April and is one of the smartest and funniest 4 year olds I know. Even though I'm biased.
We still deal with Faith's heart issues and those concerns are never far from our minds. If you are bored, you can read about that whole ordeal and her diagnosis in our old blog. http://www.babysites.com/sites/faithjanene/default.asp?page=myjournal&seq=1
She is doing beautifully though. Active, strong and stubborn. Great aspects to have with the challenges she is faced with!
She just completed her first year of dance and will be starting again in the Fall. I hope the teacher lets her be the Princess who twirls on the stage like she talks about all of the time.

So that's about where we are now. Crazy. But so happy and the closest thing to perfect I could ever dream of.

I hope to do better with updates on our new family blog so hang in there and be patient with me. We always have something interesting happening in our home and I'm excited to be able to document our memories this way. And I'm excited to be able to share everything with all of our family and friends who live so far away and we miss so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment