Party of Five

Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm trying really hard to keep things up to date. But I'm also trying really hard to find time to shower each day. Neither is completely successful.
Let's see.... soccer is back in full swing. Even though Caleb lost his first game, it was so much fun to watch! I love seeing him running up and down the field and trying his very best. So much fun to see! We have soccer practice twice a week and in a couple of weeks Lacrosse practice starts again. So we'll fit that in as well. And Faith starts dance on the 12th. Sweet little Ashley just goes with the flow.

I've been working with Faith on pre-school and she is doing amazingly well. I am beyond proud of what she knows and learns. They are truly like sponges at this age. Its so awesome and so much fun!
We worked on sequencing today. She had to cut out four squares and then glue them onto the paper in the proper order. This particular story was about a family grilling and having a picnic. We had already done one story together so I left her to do this one on her own. When she was finished, she very proudly called for me to show off her work. It was all perfect except for one minor detail. The first picture showed the man putting burgers on the grill, the last picture showed a fire on the grill. I do believe the fire should have been the first but in this house, it often comes after the food is on the grill. So I decided not to say anything.

Faith said to me earlier today, "Mom, if you go a lot of places you learn a lot of things!" I told her she was exactly right. She then says "Mom, you must know a lot about the grocery store."
Nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment