Party of Five

Monday, November 21, 2011

Around 3:45 today, Faith jumped out of her chair, grabbed her chest and said "That hurts!". Trying not to panic, I assessed the situation. She wasn't discolored. She wasn't faint. Her heart wasn't racing. She was breathing. Check, check and check. So we sat for a few minutes until the "pain" passed. Within a few minutes she was back to her normal self and bouncing around like nothing had happened.
After a call to her cardiologist, her and I set off for the hospital to have her checked out. All is well. We'll have to follow up with her cardiologist tomorrow and determine what the deal is. Most likely its Premature Atrial Contractions. We've had issues with these before.

It's moments like this that suddenly smack me in the face with a loud reminder that I'm the mother of a child with heart disease. I don't understand why God chose her to have this heart. But I thank God that he chose me to be her mother. She is such an amazing little girl. Her strength and fearless attitude is so inspiring.

With the doctor in the room and her resting on my lap, she farted. It wasn't just a littly girly passing gas. It was a fart. And it was gross. And she laughed her butt off. And we all smelled it for quite some time after the butt explosion was over. Which made her giggle even more. And then I was reminded that even though she has this heart with issues, she's a four year old little girl. Thank God she's ours. Smell and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment