Party of Five

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

This is a picture of our Halloween 2007.

Caleb was 6, Faith was 6 months.

This is Halloween 2011.

Caleb is 10 1/2, Faith 4 1/2 and Ashley 9 months.

Things sure have changed!

The biggest change (aside from the third kid!) is that my baby didn't want to go trick or treating with his momma. Our boy hit the roads with 6 buddies and pillowcases ready to fill with candy. I was pushing my sweet little bumble bee and walking beside my Princess Witch but I kept thinking about my baby boy out on the streets without me. And I kept thinking about his second Halloween. He was 2 1/2 years old and totally into Superheros. He wore a Superman costume for months. Months! We couldn't leave home without his cape.
Now my baby is big enough to be running door to door dressed in his exectioner costume with his buds.

Yes. I did feel a bit teary. Luckily, it was dark so noone seemed to notice. It felt like an end of an era. And while I will have the girls by my side for several more years, Caleb was my first Halloween trick or treater. He was the beginning of it all and its so hard to just step back and let him grow up. I really wish I could find that pause button on his life. Did I mention that this 10 year old is now 5'3? Geez. No chance of him fitting into that Superman costume today.



On another note....
When I was looking at the old Halloween picture, I found this.

And this...

These are some old pictures of Faith. I think its safe to say Ashley will look just like her sister when she is older!

So, now its November. We spent the first day of November at the zoo. Gorgeous and perfect day for our last zoo outing of the year. It was 77 today. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow night. Hello Winter.

Time to start taking down the Halloween decorations. Glad we made it through and happy my big boy has entered a new phase of his life. And I'm glad I survived as well. This parenting stuff is especially hard when you need to learn how and when to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment