Party of Five

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Granola Bars give dogs stomach issues

Just wanted to throw out this Public Service Announcement.
On Sunday, I made a ton of Granola bars. Very healthy snack choice for the kids and for Jamie. I packaged some of to send with Caleb to school, some for Jamie to work and put the rest in a make shift bowl I made with aluminum foil.
Yesterday, I came home and the stupid dog had gotten the aluminum foil off the counter and ate through it. That in itself makes my stomach turn. Have you ever put aluminum foil in your mouth? Yuck. Don't ask how I know that.
Anyway, the dog ate every one of those granola bars. And left a hefty mess on the kitchen floor. I was furious.

Then today happened. After being locked up all morning, the girls and I came home to a dog who very eagerly wanted to go outside. I then got to watch this dog have horrendous diahrrea and then got to clean him up before allowing him back in the house. I was so mad at this dog.
AND then....... I hear him struggling to get through the cat door that leads to our sub basement. A cat door. It's small. The fat beagle is not small.
I opened the door and he and I came face to face. He was on the stairs heading back up with something in his mouth. I yelled for him to drop it and out came a granola bar. Turns out this dog didn't eat ALL the granola bars. He carried them one by one to the basement and stashed them in the corner of the room. I was in shock that this dog was smart enough to do this. And amused that he made so many trips and I just ruined his late night snacking opportunity.

And mad that I'm sure I will be dealing with diahrrea from the dog for a few days yet. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment