Party of Five

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dad slept in- addition to Sick Baby :)

When I took Ashley to the hospital yesterday morning, Jamie and the other two were still snoozing. I waited until after 7am to call Jamie yet he was still sleeping. I found that incredibly odd since I don't ever get to sleep past 7 when I'm home alone! Those two wake up before sunrise!! I called him back at 8:15 and he was still catching up on some zzzz's. I told him I couldn't believe Faith especially was still asleep!
When I got home, I learned that she hadn't been asleep.
She woke up, saw daddy sleeping and ran to Caleb. Our sweet boy kept her in his room so daddy could sleep in a bit. He put cartoons on for her and fed her breakfast. Granted, breakfast turned out to be tic-tacs, but whatever. You get the point. Super sweet kid.
Last night, I finally mustered up the energy to clean the kitchen a small bit. After doing so, Caleb say "Mom. I can't believe you just cleaned the kitchen. You were up all night with Ashley and haven't had any sleep. I'm so sorry. I haven't done anything to help. If you had wanted the sink cleaned, you should have just told me and I would have done it for you."

He is going to make some woman an amazing husband one day. Makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment