Party of Five

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sleep?

I'm tired. I'm not sure if this baby is attempting to make me crazy or if I'm just old. Either way, I'm tired. And she is finally sleeping. At the moment.
Last night was a rough one though. After an hour and a half of her screaming and me attempting every single trick in the book, I finally went in and just rocked her. This was not our first rocking session, but this time I decided to try something different. Wait for it... I took my shirt off and wrapped her in it. A friend of mine had suggested stuffing something of hers down my shirt so it would retain my smell and then let her sleep with it for comfort. In a moment of desperation, I just took my shirt off. So we rocked. She snuggled my shirt and fell asleep so I carefully laid her down. I then walked out of her room, passed my confused husband and into our room where I put on a new shirt, climbed into bed to crash and was then awoken by Faith. Seriously.
So I'm tired. And cranky.
But Ashley is sleeping with my shirt again tonight. Whatever works. Right?

And Caleb is now playing the trumpet. He could either do choir or band this year. He chose band. He and Jamie were "jamming" together earlier. Jamie on his guitar, Caleb on the trumpet.

My ears feel like they are on fire.


1 comment:

  1. We did that about three years ago with Garrett, but we used a baby wash cloth that Angie put her scent on. Then he grew and changed to a cloth diaper (we used cloth diapers as burp cloths). Now he sleeps with one of Angie's shirts that she handed to him one night and said, "Go night night." To this day when he gets sleepy he asks for his "night night." And he knows the difference between his "night night" and any other shirt. So, your shirt may never be your shirt again. :)

    ReplyDelete