Party of Five

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why do we always seem to take several days to recover from long weekends? We had a fabulous Labor Day weekend with cooler temperatures, late night bon fires, a nice bike ride, trip to the park and a visit to the zoo. Of course, I had to drug Jamie, Caleb and Faith with allergy meds after being outdoors for more than five minutes. And Jamie had knee issues walking around at the zoo. And back issues. And I heard a lot of whining about too much walking. But it was fun!!
Caleb had today off school for a teacher in service day. They've only been back to school for three weeks and the teachers needed a day without the kids. Makes sense.
So I told Caleb that we were going to get some chores done this morning. I say "Your room is going to get cleaned really well." His response (totally straight faced) "Sounds great! Who is going to do it?"  The thing is... he wasn't being sarcastic, he really had no idea that I had any intention of making him clean his room. I should have known we were going to have issues since this is how the process began. Trying to get a 10 year old boy to clean his room the way I see appropriate isn't an easy task. Did I mention 10 year old boys are gross?

Faith actually cleaned her room too. She even cleaned the boogers off the wall. I know this because she told me so. The sad thing is, this is not the first time shes told me this. We obviously have a late night habit that I need to find a way of breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment