Party of Five

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sick Baby

After three kids, the night I saw last night was new to even me. Our sweet Ashley woke up at 11:30 throwing up. This poor baby threw up a total of nine times before her and I headed to the Children's hospital at 5:30 this morning. As I loaded her in the new van, I thought to myself "Well, so much for the new car smell". Turns out, she didn't vomit any more and is doing great this afternoon.
She just had 1 ounce of formula mixed with 1 ounce of pedialyte. She has had 8 ounces of pedialyte and gave me an evil look when I came at her with more so I decided to reintroduce formula. So far so good.
Praying that no one else gets this lovely bug. I do not handle puke well at all. That is actually an understatement. People used to tell me that I would get better when it was my own kid. Not true. I'm still just as grossed out and completely freaked that the very idea of vomit. Really hoping there is no vomit. But I know there will be. With three kids, its almost impossible to not see a little more before the weekend closes.

Jamie took Faith with he and Caleb for Caleb's Lacrosse game. I was bummed to miss his second game but knew Ashley wasn't well enough to be around others and I can't seem to keep my eyes open. He loaded the two in the new van with a portable DVD player for Faith to watch some movies while Caleb played.


He just sent me a text and said "Your daughter failed to mention she didn't have any shoes with her. Had we been in the old car, there would have been two or three pairs in here!"
So regardless, Faith not having shoes appears to be my fault. I can't imagine why this wouldn't be my fault. Makes perfect sense to me.

I needed that laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment